Thursday, November 6, 2008

My precious worker man!

I couldn't bring myself to close my blog tonight without showing off what a wonderful helper I have in my precious Quenton. He is a very hard worker, with a wonderful attitude. I've been blown away by how much he can already do. He's not yet four, and as you will see, he can pretty much do the laundry completely by himself!!


Here we have a Quenton dangling precariously off of the edge of the washing machine, taking wet clothes out and putting them in the dryer. Did I mention he has extraordinary balance (and there's a stool down there out of the view of the camera)?









Usually Arianna (his two year old sister)
is in there pushing the clothes into the dryer for
him so he doesn't have to get up and down,
but for the sake of the documentary, it seemed
fitting that he should be doing the pushing himself. lol!








Alrighty, washer is empty, dryer is full. Start 'er up Bub.
Pushing the button is the favorite part you know.
Now, let's see about starting up another load!



Now, get Mom's homemade soap,
yes Mom does make her own
laundry soap at times :) ,
measure it out and throw it
in the washer.











And now the clothes go in!!














Voila! The clothes are in, the lid is shut, and my little man did an awesome job!! At this rate I will have worked myself out of a job by the time he's about 8 ;)


I'm accepting applications for marriage at this time. *Snort*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I HAD to share this with my little laundry washer, nearly six year old son and his two year old sister. HAH, they do it the same way and YES pushing the button is the most fun. My son was jealous that you have powder soap, and your boy gets to put it in, because we have liquid and my son can't pour it into the cap well enough yet.

I too will have worked myself out of a job by 8. I am also teaching my oldest to teach his next in line sibling, so that he works HIMSELF out of a job eventually! Isn't it wonderful being a mom?!