Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Trip Home

Well, after the getting stuck episode, we wizened up and got some better tires, then waited for the first clear day and made a run for it. Did I mention by this time Seattle had a good 18inches-2feet worth of snow?? SHOCK!! NOT GOOD!!

The first day wasn't too bad at all. It was so nice to have dh with me :)

The second day, I got it in my head that I wanted to drive, and it, of course, turned out to be the worst driving day we had. Pictures barren plains and then hollow canyons winding around in good ole Oregon, where apparently they don't feel the need to salt or otherwise "de-slick" the road in any way. Then add to that WIND... and LOTS of it. I'm fairly sure our steering wheel has some new ridges in it where I left finger indentations. Fish tailing at 65 mph is NOT ideal. I must say it was amusing to hear Quenton in the back going "WEEEEE!!" while we were fish tailing. Poor innocent child.

So, because we wound up stuck in Seattle longer than intended, we ended up being on the road Christmas day. Guess what we had for dinner?

Not ideal certainly, but at least it filled our bellies. Or somethin. :)

Anything can be enjoyed if you're a little cheeseball though, right?

No comments: