Sunday, April 13, 2008

Cat litter...


Ok, not a fan of changing out the cat litter box (as though anyone is). But, my father in law is coming to visit today, and since the litter box is in our downstairs half bath, I figured it would be nice of me to clean out the stinkiness. You know what I'm talking about. That beautiful vinegary smell that makes you want to ralf during the best of times, let alone when you're over 7 months pregnant ;)


So, what's the upside here? My absolute blessing of a 3 y/o son Quenton likes to help! Before embarking on my stinky messy journey, I said in my most cheerful tone "Sweety, would you like to help Momma change the cat litter pan?" He was finishing up sorting his mastermind beads and asked politely to finish, stating he'd be right there. He comes running in with only the excitement a 3 y/o can muster for the special task of cleaning out cat poo. I, of course, have two pooper scoopers for just this purpose and he and I set to work. Somehow the task just isn't quite so disgusting when you've got one of the cutest little boys in the world working by your side.


Noteably, naptime came in short order after he came running in from the garage where he'd been sweeping around the second cat litter pan and yelled happily "Momma, look I found more cat poo." Not my favorite thing to find in my son's hand!

4 comments:

Corey Re' said...

Remind me not to eat when reading your blog..LOL


And you know you are not supposed to do that when expecting, right?

I like cats.

nexis777 said...

LOL!! Sorry about that... I'll make up some warning labels.

Yes, yes, I know I'm not supposed to do that... but let's just say no one else would. I thought about stating in there that I knew I wasn't supposed to... but it just didn't fit in the "flow".

Corey Re' said...

Then, next time, dump the whole box, and don't scoop.

I don't like Flow too much either. But since your pregnant, you don't see her.

nexis777 said...

I actually did eventually dump the whole box, because it still smelled yucky even after scooping.

Yeah, Flow's no fun either.