Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hmm..

Well, I typed out a rather long blog post earlier today, and when I went to publish it was furnished with a lovely page that told me blogger was not available at this time and sorry for my inconvenience. So... I'm wondering, what happened to the "automatically saved draft"? Hmm... What I wouldn't do to have that post back.

Well, I can't believe it's Wednesday already. Time sure flies! I'm not complaining, because each day brings me that much closer to holding my little baby in my arms. But, then again, as I think of how fast time goes by, I see my other two growing up in front of my very eyes. Why do they have to grow up so fast? Occasionally I find myself looking forward to them growing up (some) because there are things I long to be able to do and enjoy with them. Yet, I look at Quen and think, he's already SO big!!

Sunday was a much needed relief to my "emotional" week. I and my family enjoyed a wonderful time of fun and fellowship with a couple of families from our church. We went out to our friends farm and enjoyed a cookout by their fresh running spring. It was an absolutely beautiful sunshiney day, in the upper 70's. Food always tastes better outside and in good company.

Quenton just about scared the snot out of Geoffrey (my husband) and I while we were out there. Geoffrey went walking alongside the creek that ran away from the spring with some of the other kids, and Quenton started to follow a ways behind, but further away from the creek. I was sitting up near the fire, eating and chatting with our friends, when suddenly I heard Quenton screaming bloody murder. I mean seriously, it was the "we're all going to die" type scream. I could see Geoffrey was heading back his way going to see what was wrong. When Quenton's screaming didn't subside at all, I, in my very pregnant state "ran" over to see what was wrong. His Dad got to him before I did and it was then that Quen clued us in that nothing was too terribly wrong when he said tearfully "I want Momma!" I stayed back and instructed him to talk to Daddy. Come to find out he was walking in a boggy area and got half stuck, but more than anything just soaked in the shoe region. *Insert eye roll here* That was it. It was his first experience with deep mud, so I'll give him that. But, I was expecting nothing less than a bee sting. He's not prone to overreacting to things at all. I was a bit embarrassed to report back to the circle of friends that he had only gotten his shoes wet/muddy. Ah well, thinking back on it, I'm glad that nothing was truly wrong. He did however get a stern talking to about not "crying wolf" and screaming when nothing is really wrong.

Ari really enjoyed our friends' dog. He's young still, probably 11 months or so, but getting pretty big. He looks to be mostly black lab. I guess he showed up on their farm randomely and they've just gone ahead and kept him. (He was obviously homeless) He is a cool dog. We had to drive from their house to the spring which is about a mile and a half to two miles away. Their dog literally ran that entire distance going 25 mph!!! We could not believe it. It was cool to watch him poor on the heat when she would rev the engine of their van a bit. Anyway, Ari is apparently an animal lover, and spent a good deal of her time loving on that dog. Up until Tuesday we had a giant golden retriever for her to love on, but wound up having to give him back because our yard isn't fenced. She also loves our cat to pieces, even though the cat isn't the nicest around. It's so amazing how some of their traites (the kids') come out so early. It is very obvious she's a pet person. Soooo cute!

When we went back to our friends' house we all got to hop on their four wheelers and ride out to round up the cows for milking. Thankfully I was able to pawn Ari off on Geoffrey for the ride. As one might imagine, it's not so easy to ride on the back of a four wheeler over rough pasture land while VERY pregnant... adding a 19 month old into the mix... nothing good would have come from that. Thankfully, the baby, my bladder and I all made it back safely and in one piece ;) I actually really did enjoy the ride though.

So, while my week started out rough, it ended on a very nice enjoyable note. And, I got to call my Dad and harass him about being out all day and it being warm enough my entire family got a sunburn. He, after all, had gotten snow only a day or two beforehand :D

No comments: