Saturday, April 19, 2008

Quen's newest phrase


I had a sweet little conversation with Quenton, my 3 y/o the other night. I must say, I'm often blown away at the things he comes up with to say. My most recent example occured the other night when I went to go say goodnight to him. His Daddy had put him to bed, to his chagrin (Quen's not Daddy's) and I wanted to go talk to him for a few minutes. I sat down on his bed and started chatting and eventually said:

"Why don't you like Daddy to put you to bed?"

Quen: "I don't know."

Me: "Well, there must be some reason, right."

Quen: "I don't know."

Me: "Don't you have a reason?"

Quen: "Yeah, I guess."

Me: "Well, what's your reason."

Quen: "I don't know what my problem is."

I struggled hard not to laugh hysterically at that. Something about hearing a 3 y/o saying "I don't know what my problem is."

Silly kid.

No comments: