Saturday, April 12, 2008

Missouri

I must say, it is a different life I have here in Missouri. Moving here was one of the more drastic changes that has occured in my relatively short life.

In general I would say I have adapted well. As well as one can adapt to moving a couple thousand miles away from everyone and everything that has, for so long, been apart of ones life.

Truly, I do like it here. It's beautiful, and it's quiet. We live in a smallish town, which is certainly not new to me, having been born and raised in what started out a small town. Coeur d' Alene (the town in Idaho I was born in) is not tiny anymore, with its population of nearly 40,000 people, but it was much smaller during my growing up years. The town we're living in now is home to approximately 18,000. This area is interesting because we are surrounded, so to speak, by larger towns all within between an hour and a half to two hours away. So, there are plenty of things to do and go see if I'm willing to do a bit of driving to get there. And, for those of you who know me well at all, I'm always up for a drive ;)

I guess the big changes for me have been in the area of staying home a lot more. It is so foreign to me not having any number of friends or relatives a very short distance away that I can go visit at a moments notice. Somehow flying with 2, and almost 3 kids is not quite as convenient as hopping in the van and driving 15 minutes down the road.

I have made a couple of friends here, but, it is much harder to do than it was in high school. After all, the vast majority of my close friends from Idaho came from my high school years. I've met a couple of wonderful ladies at church, but all of them are a good ten years older than I, and obviously for the most part at different places in their lives.

Hmm, as I was typing, I stopped to think about what to write next, and was thinking about asking "how does one go about finding friends in a completely foreign place?" The blessed Holy Spirit was kind enough to point out the obvious: Pray that the Lord would bring just the right person into my life. Thank the Creator of Heaven and Earth, He knows the desires of my heart, and can bring me someone better than I could have asked for or imagined. How silly of me to wonder where to find such a person. If a friend is something God has in store for me, then a friend He will bring.

No comments: