Saturday, April 19, 2008

The last couple of days



Well, it's been a few days. I can't say a whole lot has gone on, per se, but I've been feeling rather drained.

I had a big "pregnancy emotional moment" earlier this week. As mentioned previously, we just moved (about 7 months ago) 2000 miles from "home", away from everyone and everything we've ever known. It's only been this last week where I've really struggled a lot with this. I guess I've just been extra lonely lately. Well, Wednesday morning I got a lovely phone call from a friend I've made here, asking if I'd like to come out that afternoon and help with planting their garden etc. I was very VERY excited. YEAHH!!! Someone wanted to spend time with me, and I could get out of the house. I needed to take my husband a lunch at work, so I headed down there. He came out and sat in the van for a few minutes to chat and said that he'd talked with my friend earlier, because they'd needed to cancel their daughters piano lessons (he teaches piano lessons among other things), and he casually mentioned that he'd suggested to her that she call me and invite me over, as I was "getting stir crazy". Bless his heart, my husband was really trying to think of me, and I've not mentioned this to him, but that broke my heart. I want so badly to make friends down here and for them to WANT to invite me over on their own, without my sweet husband having to ask them too. SIGH. I held it in while I was chatting with him, but I had tears rolling down my face as I drove away. Pregnant much?? Oh well.

Beyond that, I've mostly just been working on training my precious kids. It's a whole new "monster" when you have to learn how to deal with the emotions of two siblings! Wow! Now that my dd has "opinions" and can speak well enough to voice them (she's HAD the opinions for a long time...) my ds is not so sure what to think. Mr. Command son doesn't appear to like to be told "no" by little baby sister ;) So, we're working on little sister saying "no" nicely... as opposed to screaching it in a way that could curl the paint of my toe nails. And big brother is learning that, well, Mommy is baby's Mommy, not Quenton. Did I mention he is a Mr. Command? My husband and I have found it darkly amusing, in a way, to hear her put him in his place. But, I think some of that amusement has led us into not correcting her for being rude. Oooops.

Thursday was nice, because I again got to get out of the house (hooray!!) when dh wanted to drive 3 hours away to Peoria, IL for a backgammon tournament. While there I was blessed to be able to eat at one of my all time favorite restaurants: Chili's. I did get some weird looks though. Dh was not with us, as he was still playing the tournament. So, there I was with a 3 year old, an 18 month old (who looks younger) and very VERY obviously pregnant.... by myself. I'm sure the waitress was thinking "please, tell me you're married." hehehehe. Ah well, the kids were very well behaved, and Quenton surprised the waitress by ordering his meal all by himself. Makes a Mom proud ;) Oh and this time Ari was kind enough (as opposed to the last time I was out of town) to wait until we were leaving to poo out of her pants. Imagine my surprise when I went to put her in her car seat only to find I had a big lump of something stinky on my arm....*groan* What we mothers go through. Thank the Lord, it didn't get all over her clothes at all... just my arm.

1 comment: