Friday, May 30, 2008

The Blessing of kids!

I had THE most awesome time with my son the other night. I walked away, nearly in tears, grateful for the billionth time for my precious boy.

I was putting him to bed the other night, which has not been something I look forward to most nights, because usually by then I'm contracting at least some, my back hurts, and I'm tired. But, I do enjoy the chats we have here and there, because he often uses this time at night to talk to me about his day, which is precious beyond words. Well, this was one of those nights, and I'm so thankful that I didn't hurry through it, kiss him goodnight and leave.

I was sitting next to his bed, kind of bouncing up and down on one of those giant balls you always see at Walmart. I had my shirt pulled up off of my tummy, just cause sometimes it's more comfortable that way. He was kind of eyeing my tummy, so I said "You know, baby Caleb is going to come out soon." He smiled and seemed pleased at that idea. Then I asked him if he wanted to talk to Caleb. He looked surprised and glanced at my belly and then up at me and said something like "Will he talk back?" I laughed and said "No, even if he was out here he wouldn't be able to talk yet, but he can hear you, even from in there." He got a big grin and leaned close to my tummy and said "Hi Caleb, it's me Quenton." *heart melt* Then I said, can you tell him to turn so his head is down? He did, and I asked if he'd tell him to come out soon. He did that too. It was soo cute too, because he motioned downward with his hands and said, you need to come out this way. I'm not entirely sure how he even knew that, but he said it exactly right. Anyway, then we went on to prayer time. He said his list of things he wanted to pray for and then began to pray. He started out on his bed, but quickly jumped up and laid his head right on my belly and prayed "Jesus, please help baby Caleb to turn his head down and to come out very soon, and please keep him safe (what wisdom in a little boy). Also, please protect Daddy and help him with his work...."

It was one of the most precious moments I have ever had the pleasure of living through. The caring and sweetness in his voice towards his unborn brother was priceless.

What an honor it is to raise these precious jewels! God, grant me the patience to endure the days that don't end quite so nicely, and the wisdom to remember the days that do!

No comments: