Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thinking....

I'm feeling a bit contemplative this evening. I almost want to say heavy hearted, but it's not that exactly. Reflective maybe? Anyway, part of me is feeling down on myself for being short with my little sweet ones this evening before bedtime. Some days I just don't take the persistant, on-going, seemingly endless (getting the drift?) line of questions from my precious 3 y/o. And then of course, there are just days where you feel like they're trying every trick in the book to get away with something. Quenton is exTREMely obediant generally. But, once in a while, he gets it in his head to try a series of things through out a day, in an effort I guess, to assure himself that Mama is still serious about the obediance thing. Let it be known... Mama is serious! But... 10 days before my due date is not my favorite time to play this "game". Actually the last several nights in a row I haven't been the most pleasant person in the world to be around, I'm ashamed to say. Suffice it to say, I do pray this little man would find his way (and stay) in the head down position, and that he would make his appearance very very soon. I do tire of being cranky. The Lord does sustain me though. I am so blessed. I'm so thankful for this healthy little boy, and ever so grateful for my delightful and inquisitive children. The verses "Let not your heart be troubled" and "Do not grow weary in doing good" come to mind just now. Thank you Jesus for bringing me through each and every day. Let tomorrow end with a smile of pure joy!

1 comment:

Corey Re' said...

Ah Christy...I am cranky...and NOT pregnant...so I totally understand. Lily is in the what? Why? Huh? stage this week. LOL... praying for you, and baby, and kids.