Tuesday, May 20, 2008

For the record

It does seem at long last that I have my answer to my most puzzling question throughout this pregnancy.... "Am I due in May or June?"

Me thinks this is a June baby. I started contracting a couple of weeks ago, and thought to myself, "Oh oh oh, I was right, I was a month off. Yeah, May baby." As I continued to contract EVERY night that week I was definitely reminded of the end part of my pregnancy with Arianna. As much fun as it is to contract and then stop every night... leaving you in this horrible quandry and sending you multiple times to your poor midwife to be checked yet AGAIN. Well, this time I refused to do that. I called her the first night, as a sort of "heads-up", but then left it at that. It was so hard to know what to do, because I have a dear friend who has been at each of my births thus far in a doula capacity, and would like to be present for this one as well, BUT she lives in North Idaho. I start contracting and think, "well, should I call her and tell her to book a flight? Or, is this going to continue on for some time etc?" I did call her, but I told her to hold off. Good thing eh?

All that to say, I think I finally figured it out. See, I started taking this Gentle Birth labor prep stuff about a week before those contractions started. I dismissed it as having anything to do with my contractions because they started a week later. I believe I was a bit hasty in my dismissal. After reading some posts on the welltellme forum about Gentle Birth, I came to different conclusions. So, I continue to contract here and there, seemingly randomely. It's not my favorite thing in the world. Not that they hugely hurt, but it does make me wonder how easily I'll recognize it when I'm in labor for real. I really don't like NOT knowing. And I do hope that enduring weeks and weeks of this WILL make my labor/delivery easier. I think I would be most put out if I went through all of this, only to have another 10-12 hour labor.

Either way though, this little baby will be making his appearance rather soon, and I certainly look forward to it. Oh, how I can't wait to cuddle my little Caleb and cover his little face with kisses and and and. What a blessing from God our little ones are!!

No comments: